Guidelines for Presentations
Guidelines for oral presentations:
- The time available for standard oral presentation is 20 minutes. Please take into account that this time includes 5 minutes of discussion with the audience.
- Acceptable digital format for presentation - 16x9 ppx PowerPoint for Windows or PDF.
- It will be no possible to use personal laptops - presenters should therefore ensure they use presentations features compatible with PC and standard fonts.
- Slide Center will be located in the registration desk area.
- All presentation shall be provided to Slide Center at least two hours before the presentation time or day before in case of morning session.
Guidelines for poster presentations:
- All posters must be prepared in English.
- Poster boards’ dimensions (including frames) will be A0: 100 cm in width and 200 cm in height. To keep good legibility of the poster, we recommend a maximum size of 90 cm (35.4 inches) in width and 120 cm (47.2 inches) in length. Please use the “portrait” position.
- Posters should be set up in the Poster Area (conference venue EMPA Akademie) from 12:00 p.m. on September 14th and must be removed by 13:00 on September 16th. Please make sure that your poster stays available for the all-time of the conference. Posters which will remain in the Poster Area after its closing will not be kept.
- Poster can be viewed during breaks and lunch time throughout the entire Conference. The presenting author should be available near the poster during the Poster Sessions to discuss his/her poster with interested colleagues.
- There will be one poster board for each poster. Poster boards will be marked with numbers according to the numbering of posters as given in the program.
- Conference Staff will assist and provide tapes for fastening the posters.