Zurich is Switzerland’s centre of economic life and education. Located in the heart of Europe, the city offers all the modern amenities of a cosmopolitan metropolis, without sacrificing its natural side. Zurich has for years ranked among the world’s top cities in terms of quality of life. It is a boutique city that offers everything that implies, although in small and exquisite format. For more information click here.
Zurich is only one hour away from the Paul Scherrer Insitute (PSI), another institute within the ETH Domain, located in the canton of Aargau. In Aargau, close to PSI, you also find Baden - a small city worth a visit with it freshly reopened hot water thermal bath (Fortyseven). Note, that among the first train lines within Switzerland, named "Spanisch Brötli Bahn" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Northern_Railway), Baden was connected to Zürich. The name "Spanisch Brötli" comes from a traditional sweet exclusively found in Baden. In the same area you also find Habsburg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Habsburg)!
Below you find some trips around Zurich:
- Boat tour on Lake Zürich to Rapperswil
- Train ride or hike up to the Uetliberg
- Train ride to the famous city of Lucerne
- Train ride to the Rhine falls and visit of Schaffhausen (The Rhine falls are the biggest falls within Europe!)
- Visit of the Swiss Science Center Technorama in Winterthur (by train)
- Visit of the thermal baths Fortyseven in Baden
If you are interested in music concerts or other cultural events, you may want to have a look at the event calendar from:
And finally, if you are looking to find a quiet fancy place to enjoy some drinks, overlooking Zürich and/or lake Zürich: